An easy-to-make twist on classic tuna salad which will liven up your work from home lunches and maybe even make it to dinner; this is definitely not your mama’s tuna salad. As featured in my post, Choose Lunch: Recharge Your Wellbeing, September 2020.
Prep level: Easy
Time required: 5-10 minutes
Serves: 2 people
- 1 can of natural whole tuna, packed in spring water, drained
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp mayonnaise
- 1½ tbsp of your favourite herb-infused vinegar (fennel is superb, but rosemary, tarragon & thyme are also excellent)
- 5-10 chopped cornichons (Maille makes an excellent variety)
- ¼ red onion (can adjust to taste)
- Dash of extra virgin olive oil
- Pepper (10 twists of a pepper grinder should do it)
- Pinch of herbes de Provence
Mix together tuna, mustard, mayonnaise, vinegar and cornichons in a small mixing bowl. Add a dash of olive oil as well as pepper and herbs de Provence to taste. Serve as a sandwich or wrap or, my personal favourite, over lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and freshly ground pepper.